Thursday, March 6, 2014

Copycat Shamrock Shakes

Usually at this time of year, the weather is warming up and we look forward to the shamrock shakes from McDonalds. It has been so frigid cold here that I haven't wanted one AT ALL! However, my kiddos sure have! Instead of breaking the bank the whole month of March, here is a recipe similar to that of the famous Shamrock Shake.



My Recipe (with no real measurements because that's how I roll)
8 big scoops of ice cream
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
3 drops of mint extract
3-4 drops of green food coloring
whipped cream (optional)
sprinkles (optional)
cherry (optional)
*mine makes 2 glasses




http://princesspinkygirl.com/shamrock-shake-recipe/#_a5y_p=1282130



A recipe with real directions
  • 3 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 3/4 cup milk (I used skim because that is what I have in the house, but you may want to go with 1%)
  • 1/2 tsp mint extract (I used peppermint, but either taste good to me)
  • Green food coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages


Me & Lu

brothers

Fam

Us

My Boys


3 lovely children

chatting with the teenager