Friday, August 2, 2013

A little bit of this & a little bit of that

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law were hosts to a young lady from Spain. She was with them for 5 weeks and she made such a big impact on all of us. She was only 16 years old (I say was because she turned 17 the day after she left) but a very mature teenager. She fit right in with the fam! We celebrated her birthday & she and her Spaniard friend cooked us a nice Spanish meal one night. I didn't get any photos of the food but I wished I had.

Bea & her cake

My bro & sis-in-law, their kiddos & Bea

Bea & Paola and that delicious meal!





We dropped our son off at camp on Monday and we get to pick him up this evening. I'm so excited to hear about all fun stuff he did and all the memories he made. I was really dreading this week because I was so worried that he would get homesick and I thought I would be a basket case. I never went to camp as a kid, and I was so apprehensive. As it turned out, I was so happy for him that my happiness outweighed any hesitations I had. We were all ready for this new adventure! Here are some photos of
the drop off....

Friends @ camp!

Mom will miss you so much!

Enough mom

Where he spent 4 nights!

Fun Stuff

The pool




We went up to the in-laws cottage and of course the weather was awful. It was cold & rainy...ugh! Saturday was still cold but no rain. Our friends came up and we still had a great time! The boys all went swimming and the girls fished. We all went kayaking!

The boys trying to catch turtles

Dads & their daughters

Paddle boat fun

3 boys in a kayak

Brrrr!

Big kids kayaking

A quick boat ride

Little girls kayaking

All the kiddos



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages


Me & Lu

brothers

Fam

Us

My Boys


3 lovely children

chatting with the teenager