Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm not quite sure how it got to be February already! I can't even say what I have been doing around here lately. I have nothing to speak for....no projects, no workout routines. Nothing. Well, I shouldn't say that, I have been eating (A LOT) and drinking (A LOT). So I guess I have had weight gain (A LOT).

So here I go....this is my new year. February 17th 2014. I think I will start tomorrow though. In the meantime, here are some photos of a couple dresser projecst that were completed way back when I was a bit motivate.

A co-worker of mine was getting rid of her dresser to get a new one so I jumped at the chance to pick it up
Since I always forget to get before & after shots, this is the best I got....after sanding!
Finished & Sold


 My Father-in-law bought a new sander for himself....probably so he could give me his old one. It's one of my favorite tools. I love sanding with it.


I bought three pieces of furniture off my Facebook Online Yardsale. Of course, I only got two photos before I painted them.

He begged me for a desk for his room, so I had him help out a bit!
Here is the smaller dresser. The taller one and the desk have the same finish
The after

My daughter needed two dressers for her room. I can't even remember what she was using before these. I painted them an antique white in satin finish and painted the drawer handles a black, satin spray paint.
I love the way the desk turned out
I painted the front of the drawers with a flat, black spray paint. I painted the drawer handles with a black, satin spray paint.
I used a black stain paint & a brown stain to get the mixed effect of the base of the desk
I found some Halloween candy while I was taking photos
And a half eaten granola bar
And an empty skittles wrapper

On the blog tomorrow.....the before & after of our new sliding door that my husband put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages


Me & Lu

brothers

Fam

Us

My Boys


3 lovely children

chatting with the teenager