Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love is Still in the Air!

So, after that last post, I got to thinking about that time when Matt & I first met. It came at a time when I was NOT looking for love, nor did I think I needed it in my life.

I had spent 6 months months caring for my mom when she was sick. I took two semesters off of school and my mom felt really guilty for it. I had no problem doing it...I wouldn't have had it any other way. Anyway, she suggested that I go "away" for the winter semester to get a break. I jumped at the chance and chose Western Michigan University, well, naturally because that's where a lot of my friends went.

Even though I kept hearing the name Matt "Resin" pop up a few time in conversation, I didn't actually meet him until a month or so after my move. I walked into Waldo's Bar with my friend/roommate Rebecca. She knew this Matt "Resin" and introduced me to him. Well, he really took a liking to me as it was quite obvious:). We talked and talked and talked some more. When I think back to that moment, I picture us in a movie where everything was going on around us....a busy bar, friends joining in on the conversation....but all I could think about was how cute this Matt "Resin" is. And yes....I did think his last name was "Resin" for some time.

I was so excited for our first date on Valentines Day a few days later. As it turned out, my friend Sara had planned a trip to K-zoo that same weekend so our date ended up being a whole group of both mine & Matt's friends.....mostly my Bay City friends. Only a month later, I brought him home to meet my parents. This was the first & only meeting he had with my mom as she passed away a month later. However, during that meeting, my mom whispered to me that "he is the one." From there.....well, it's been 18 years, friends!

Some more photos from 1996....oh my!

My bib overall jeans!

We took selfies back then too!

Orange hair? Really?

2 young lads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages


Me & Lu

brothers

Fam

Us

My Boys


3 lovely children

chatting with the teenager